RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom for OS X and the BSDs

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom for OS X and the BSDs
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:30:12 +0200

> "Gernot Hueber" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Hi, what about the BSDs? For some time I think I am the only one :-(
>
> Currently, you cannot build build-improvements on *BSD because I use
> some GNUisms in the Makefile (e.g. "export").  That will be
> fixed later
> by using MAKEFLAGS.
>
> -- Gaby

All BSD systems have Gnu Make (gmake) as a port (package). And many
other ports
depend on it. So Axiom should just require that port as well.

Regards

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407