Re: [Axiom-developer] new boot and old boot

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] new boot and old boot
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:31:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have been experimenting with compiling src/interp with New Boot.
> Among many things, there is the nit that "of" is a keyword in New
> Boot (src/Makefile.pamphlet does not document that).  Consequently,
> the definition of the function str2Tex g-util.boot has to be modified
> not to use "of".

Interesting!  That would certainly make getting ANSI working simpler -
only one Boot->Lisp translation to clean up.  If the SPAD compiler is
itself written in Boot, that might solve both problems (doubt it, but
maybe...)  I had the boottocl in the src/boot directory running in sbcl
at one point, but I never did figure out if it was working correctly.
I doubt it was generating loadable lisp :-(

You're doing some really exciting work Gaby - thank you!

Cheers,
CY

Cheers,
CY