RE: [Axiom-developer] Not building on Kubuntu

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Not building on Kubuntu
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:27:12 -0400

Martin,

On October 17, 2006 4:37 AM you wrote:

> the maths department just switched to kubuntu. Although axiom
> is included, I'd like to have the possibility to compile it
> myself. Well, it doesn't work.

Kubuntu is part of the Ubuntu project which is closely related
to Debian, so for compiling Axiom I think the simplist way to
compile Axiom might be from the Debian distribution of Axiom
via 'apt-get source axiom*' and 'apt-get build-dep axiom*'.
build-dep will install all of the build dependencies for Axiom.

In fact, if you can just 'apt-get install' gcl and noweb, then
you might also have more success building Axiom from the new
build-improvements branch then from the olden golden version,
since it can build Axiom in a similar way as on Debian.