[Axiom-developer] Axiom-Combinat / non-extending category

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom-Combinat / non-extending category
Date: 23 Oct 2006 17:55:38 +0200

Dear Ralf, *

I now merged the modified signatures as outlined below with the axiom-port. The
result is quite promising.

I can use generatingSeries of all constructors, including Plus and Times.

I cannot use structures, of course, since this uses a dependent type now:

structures: (L: LabelType, List L) -> Generator %

The generator is not a problem, there is an easy workaround. However, the
dependent type is a show stopper, I'm afraid.

I'm willing to pay 200$ from my own pocket if somebody makes Axiom understand
signatures like that.

Furthermore, I tried to define a domain

)abb dom TEST Test
A: CombinatorialSpecies == Plus(CharacteristicSpecies(1),
CharacteristicSpecies(1))

in various forms, but all I get is the error message

non extending category

Well, I guess that's not so interesting anyway. We can use the aldor compiler,
after all.

I rather like the new signature.

Martin