RE: [Axiom-developer] viewport in build-improvements

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] viewport in build-improvements
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:18:21 -0400

On Friday, October 27, 2006 6:05 PM Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> I have noticed that most viewports in build-imporvements is
> corrupted.  Namely, viewports directories contain compressed
> bitmaps.  Trying to decompress them produces messuge like:
>
> zcat:
> build-improvements/src/hyper/viewports/AssortedGraphicsExample
>  Page1.VIEW/image.bm.Z: corrupt input.
>
> Corresponding files in silver decompress OK.

Have you compared these files in SVN /trunk and the new /silver?
/trunk was originally created by a flawed procedure at
SourceForge which accepted the incorrect metadata from CVS
without question and was subsequently corrected, while /silver
was create by a complete different route. I am hoping that
the problem did not re-occur in /silver.

> AFAICS this is due to text convertion (most differences is that
> files in build-improvements have '\r' while files in silver have
> '\n' in corresponding place).

Yes, this is a known problem. Ralf Hemmecke posted the changes to
/trunk to correct this problem. It is necessary to correctly set
the properties in svn so that the files are not mangled.

> ATM this has no visible effect, since hypertex pages refering
> to viewports have wrong paths, but at some moment should be
> fixed.

I think it is a good example of the kind of patch that should be
"backported" into build-improvements as Gaby suggested in a previous
email. If we could do that it would possibly benefit users of the
Axiom4Sage package that I just created for Sage users. But this is
not critical since hyperdoc is not normally used through the Sage
interface.