Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals
Date: 06 Nov 2006 09:01:18 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Documentation in any form is to be desired and it often cannot be
| created "from the source".

If you cannot reproduce the documentation from the source, then the
source is incomplete and must be completed.

[...]

| Gaby and Waldek, you are both new to this project but it has now been
| around for some 33+ years and free for the last 6 years.

Please, don't fool yourself into thinking that "being new to a
project" is equivalent to "being new to software development and
management for the real world".  It is not all about "being around for
long time".

| Under the guise
| of "build improvements", which was originally started as an effort to
| bring autoconf to axiom, I now see changes made and proposed that go
| against the fundamental project goals.

If you feel you must accuse people of evil intentions, please be more
specific.  Otherwise, you are harming more than doing any good.
I would invite you to be more specific in your accusations and write
specifically what is being disguised, for the purpose of going against
the projects goals.

[...]

| Please look around, read and
| understand these goals. They've been written down and talked about
| at length both in this group and online at various places.

Not just people don't agree with your particular choice of
*implementations* of ideas means that they don't understand the ideas.
Please try the assumption that people understand the fundamental
ideas, and if they happen not to agree with your particular
implementation then maybe:
  (1) there is more than one way to do it; or
  (2) your implementation is really questionable.

-- Gaby