Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 01:04:49 +0100

| 3) axiom.bib.tex file contains 10 file names with unescaped underscores
|    inside.

| BTW.  I am a bit annoyed because of discrimination of underscores (I like
| them very much), so I am tempted to solve 3 by making underscore into
| an active character, which expands to ordinary underscore outside math
| mode and to subscript char in math mode.

  For problem (3), I'm awaiting for input from others.

The drastic way... Remove axiom.bib.pamphlet (from which probably axiom.bib.tex was generated). That is not really a .bib file. It is a collection of filenames. And I would rather see that the translated documentation has hyperlinks instead of references to a "bibliography" that consists of filenames.

If someone thinks that axiom.bib.pamphlet is a file in good LP style, I have not understood what LP means.

Underscores would be no problem at all if filenames where properly tagged. Note that there is a latex package called url
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/misc/url.sty)
which provides a \path command. Together with hyperref one can turn that also into hyperlinks.

(I don't like underscores. They cause problems in many places.)

Ralf