[Axiom-developer] FW: Multiset Hyperdoc examples page

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] FW: Multiset Hyperdoc examples page
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:40:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Page [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: November 13, 2006 12:12 AM
To: 'Waldek Hebisch'
Cc: 'Axiom-Developer'; 'Kai Kaminski'; 'Vanuxem Grégory'
Subject: RE: Multiset Hyperdoc examples page

On November 12, 2006 12:31 PM Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> Vanuxem Grégory wrote:
> > I played a little with this and reread aggcat which contains
> > the aggregate categories used in src/algebra. I displayed in
> > Hyperdoc Multiset and clicked on the example link (I wanted
> > to know the "users" of Multiset thanks to Waldek for its
> > patch/remark), the interpreter returned
> >   "Unknown page: MultisetXmpPage".
> > This page seems to exist, MSET.[p]ht contain some of what I
> > think are examples.
> >

> MSET.ht contains MultiSetXmpPage, which due to different
> capitalization does not match MultisetXmpPage.

It seems that there is a realistic prospect of making hyperdoc
more useful and more reliable. Is there enough interest to warrant
establishing a new branch focusing on hyperdoc-improvements?

> > Any idea why this page is not found ? Some other questions,
> > is ph.awk available somewhere, same thing for the sources of
> > theses files, are they available somewhere ? What is the
> > difference between a .ht file and a .pht file ?
> >

> .pht was generated form .ht file.  It contains Axiom output,
> so that Hypertex can show the output without recomputiong it.
> I am afraid that we need to re-create ph.awk (maybe using
> another language).

There are awk scripts like ht.awk that sound similar to this in
the htex directory that is part of the original Axiom source
distribution (not currently in the Open Source version but could
be if we want them, I think). Where can I find a reference to
ph.awk?

I believe that Kai Kaminski worked on some code (in Perl?) to
extract the executable parts of the .ht files as .input files
and then run Axiom to re-generate the Axiom output sections.
I don't know if this work was completed or not. In principle
it is not difficult. Some parts of this would be similar to
what is done on the Axiom wiki to product wiki pages with
embedded Axiom output (using Python).