RE: [Axiom-developer] Debugging Boot

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Debugging Boot
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:53:00 -0500

On November 26, 2006 10:13 PM Gaby wrote:
> I've seen the package boottran used in many places in src/interp,
> therefore I (incorrectly) assumed that its interface (e.g. as old
> Boot translator) is almost the same as in src/boot (e.g. as the
> new Boot translator).  Your second message, seems to indicate it
> is not. That information was not available to me when I sent my
> original message (which was a genuine question), therefore I could
> not gave suggested that the single command does the same thing as
> the two commands (I knew it was the same for bootsys, I wasn't sure
> for old boot).  Which is why I did ask.  But, apparently, I should
> have not.

Of course you should ask! You did, and I answered. But I did
not understand the intention of your question so I could not
explain in such a way that would be helpful to anyone. Greg's
reply was also useful since eventually you explained what you
had in mind. But we can do all this more efficiently I think...

I think the interface is the same - only the package name is
different (but I have not checked all the details).

Anyway, let me just say: Thank you for the question. :-)