[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] flush

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] flush
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:51:25 -0500

sigh.

> Well, I think that this very well illustrates problems with Axiom:
> there is a known bug which hampers usage of an important package
> (the REGSET package). When the bug is fixed you fuss over edge cases
> in underspecified internal package.
>
> Note that flushing output should be done when the outupt is complete,
> while iprint clearly is used to compose bigger units from small parts.
> But if you insist I may add a FORCE_-OUTPUT call to iprint (there is
> no reason to have extra flush function).

Deleting the call to flush breaks the existing semantics of the package.
You are welcome to define that as "fussing over edge cases".

FLUSH was probably a function defined in CCL.

Calling FORCE_-OUTPUT is a correct change.

Alternatively you could call the function StreamFlush()$LISP
which is already defined in interp/unlisp.lisp.