Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty patch again

From: Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty patch again
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:24:58 -0400

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> You need to create a depotmap; call it whatever you want.
> Personally, I have several depots, one of them is /mirror
> for mirroring several repos of projects I work on (GCC has a distinct
> dedicated depot). Chose a directory where you want your depot to
> reside.  It could be ~/.svk
>
>    svk depotmap /mirror ~/.svk
>
> (enter the editor, make whatever change you think is appropriate;
> save; exit)
>
> Next, you need to mirror axiom repo
>
>    svk mirror https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom /mirror/axiom
>
> Then, you need to synchronize that mirror
>
>    svk sync /mirror/axiom
>
> (that can take a while -- it mirrors the repo on your local disk.
> Therefore, it is like if you were doing a checkout and SF/SVN would
> give you headach; your would need to be patient).
>
> /mirror/axiom is now your local repo.  You can check out as
>
>   svk co /mirror/axiom/branches/build-improvements axiom.bi

No, that won't work, or rather it works to check out the source, but I
can't svk patch that working directory. Those are the instructions I had
followed from the AxiomSilverBranch page on MathAction.

The svk help intro page suggests a procedure like:

    svk mirror

      First, you'll need to mirror a remote repository. This sets up a
      local copy of that repository for you to branch from, merge to and
      otherwise poke at. The local path is sometimes called a "depot path."

          # This command sets up the mirror directory for your local
          # mirrors of remote repositories
          svk mkdir //mirror

          svk mirror svn://svn.example.com/project_x //mirror/project_x

    svk sync

      When you've set up a new mirror or want to get some work done without
      a network connection, sync your local repository with upstream
      repositories.

          svk sync //mirror/project_x

    svk copy

      After that, it's easy to copy remote branches to create local
      branches. (svk branches are simply directories, just like Subversion
      branches.)

          # This command sets up a directory for your local branches.
          # Local branches can't live inside mirrored paths
          svk mkdir //local

          svk copy //mirror/project_x //local/project_x

    svk checkout

      When you want to get some work done, you can checkout a working copy
      to make local changes.

          cd ~/svk-checkouts
          svk co //local/project_x

Thus, I'd end up with //mirror/axiom and //local/axiom. Presumably then
svk will allow me to patch.

What I'm trying now is to make a svk copy of
/mirror/axiom/branches/build-improvements to /mirror/local to see if the
patch commands work. Stay tuned.

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist