RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:56:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Bill Page wrote:

| On December 14, 2006 11:44 PM Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > As of revision 403, I can successfully build
| > Axiom.build-improvements
| > to produce AXIOMsys on Windows, using MinGW/MSYS.  I followed
| > the existing description of the dependencies between components,
| > so I did not build src/input.  I believe that is not correct.
| > We should be able to build src/input too , and in particular to
| > run the regression test.
|
| There may be some input files that depend on the presence of
| X. Do we want to just let these fail or somehow prevent them
| from running?

It would be nice to prevent them from running.  Of course, that
means we know which ones require X being present.

| > This is a heads-up, that something is buiilding and running.
|
| I updated to revision 403 and then got the following result:
|
| $ mkdir axiom.test
| $ cd axiom.test
| $ ../build-improvements/configure
| configure: creating ./config.status
| config.status: creating src/booklets/Makefile
| config.status: creating Makefile
| config.status: creating src/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/lib/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/lisp/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/boot/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/interp/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/share/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/algebra/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/etc/Makefile
| config.status: creating src/doc/Makefile
| config.status: creating build/scripts/document
| config.status: creating config/axiom-c-macros.h
| building list of Algebra bootstrap files...done
| extracting list of SPAD type definitions...done
|
| $ make 2>&1 | tee build.log
| Making in noweb
| make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Administrator/axiom.test/noweb/src'
| cd c; make "CC=gcc -ansi -pedantic" "CFLAGS=" all
| make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Administrator/axiom.test/noweb/src/c'
| notangle -Rheader getline.nw > getline.h
| /bin/sh: notangle: command not found
| make[2]: *** [getline.h] Error 127
| make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/axiom.test/noweb/src/c'
| make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/axiom.test/noweb/src'
| make: *** [build/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/notangle] Error 2
|
| -----------
|
| I don't understand the line:
|
|   notangle -Rheader getline.nw > getline.h
|
| since noweb is not yet built.

Neither do I.  I have refrain from changing anything in the noweb
directory.

The build I did was with noweb preinstalled.

I'll look into why this command gets run in the first place.
Maybe a date stamp issue because of the import into SVN repo?
I'll check.

[...]

| This stuff:
|
| > \axPrintType{\lispLink{\verb!(|conPage| '( |Polynomial| (
| > |Integer| ) ))!}{\verb  `Polynomial`}
| > \lispLink{\verb!(|conPage| '( |Integer|
| > ))!}{\verb`Integer`}}(3) -  > )quit
|
| is definitely not normal.

OK.  Thanks for concurring.

| Of course it should look exactly the same as on linux.

That is what I thought but wasn't sure.

| This looks like the type information in some
| hyperdoc markup format. Very strange.

Indeed.

Thanks for your feedback.

-- Gaby