Re: [Axiom-developer] A first attempt at a notangle in Lisp

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] A first attempt at a notangle in Lisp
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:10:15 +0100

On 02/16/2007 03:59 PM, C Y wrote:
That's a good question.  I don't know if they support it - I'll have to
check tonight.  At the moment I can't compile TeXmacs for some reason
on my machine, so I'll have to figure that out first.  I don't know if
there would be interest on the product side.

Well, every time I try texmacs I get frustrated after a few minutes.
Recently I downloaded TeXmacs-1.0.6.8-static-gnu-linux.tar.gz extracted
and started it. Then I started a Maple session typed just

2 + 3

and ENTER and texmacs stopped to respond.

After setting MATHLINK_PLATFORM I get a few warnings but Mma seems to work.

Anyway, always seem to run into trouble with TeXmacs although I find the idea very good and I think texmacs is very appropriate as an Axiom GUI and also (and in particular) for the literate programming way of writing the Axiom program itself.

The Emacs mode is nice but that syntax highlighting problem is annoying
and is apparently a limitation of mmm-mode

Well, I thought you in particular could trace that bug somehow. Unfortunately, I cannot do serious things in LISP.

Ralf