[Axiom-developer] Re: cfuns.lisp and ELF platforms

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: cfuns.lisp and ELF platforms
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:52:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 address@hidden wrote:

| I don't remember writing an :elf conditional so I'm not sure
| what the reason was. I know that elf files were a new format.
| I believe that COFF or other variants were used on most platforms.

Yes, my being puzzled comes from the fact those functions have to do with
hashing a C-style string and not linking format, and looking at the
code, I cannot possibly phantom a reason for the descrimination.
Alas, GCL's documentation is just as verbose as Axiom's...

Many thanks; I'll carefully study a simplication.

-- Gaby