Re: [Axiom-developer] (Possible) reasons Axiom didn't appeal to SoC code

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] (Possible) reasons Axiom didn't appeal to SoC coders...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:30:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I can see where we might be able to put together a NSIS based
> > installer of a merger of the latest build-improvements, the
> > Guess package and maybe Emacs as a GUI for Windows, if that
> > would help,
>
> Yes, that is very easy to accomplish.

OK.  I am of the opinion that, given the already large size of Axiom,
it is worth bundling a binary of Emacs and making that the default UI
unless/until something better becomes available.  Anyone else have an
opinion on that one?

> I would not anticipate any problems at all - especially if we
> can merge changes from wh-sandbox back into build-improvements.

OK.

> I hope Martin says "yes". Surely you can find a Windows box down
> at the K-mart for not much money. ;) And I as I have said several
> times before: I have done this before and I would be very glad
> to help someone do it again.

We are long overdue for a Windows release.  I might be able to get
access to a box in about 3 weeks, and if I can I'll set up an Axiom
build environment and take a stab at it.  I'm a Linux guy myself but we
really need something newer than the current binary...

Cheers,
CY

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.