RE: [Axiom-developer] differences wh-sandbox and build-improvements

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] differences wh-sandbox and build-improvements
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 02:12:14 -0400

On April 14, 2007 7:02 PM Gaby wrote:

> There are more changes to come, but not before I find a more
> reliable network connection and ways to install autoconf-2.60
> on mingw/msys.

What problems are you having with autoconf on MSYS/MinGW?

I built autoconf-2.61 and m4-1.4.9 directly from the gnu distribution
sources. Provided you have upgraded m4 first, autoconf passes all
tests.

Apparently you can also install autoconf-2.61 and m4-1.4.7 binaries
from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=148008

I ran build-setup.sh with autoconf-2.61 to create a new ./configure
and built build-improvements on my Solaris 10.2 x86 system and on
Windows without any problems.

Is there any particular reason you want to continue using the older
version autoconf-2.60? (I think you can, but I haven't actually built
2.60 on MSYS/MinGW.)