[Axiom-developer] Mike Thomas' portability changes for Windows

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Mike Thomas' portability changes for Windows
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:36:28 -0400

Gaby,

In my email:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-12/msg00167.html

I described Mike Thomas' portability changes for windows. I have
applied these to build-improvements and tested both the Windows
and Solaris 10 x86 builds but more extensive testing is probably
a good idea. The diff from SVN is attached to this email and
affects the files shown below:

$ svn status
M      src\interp\daase.lisp.pamphlet
M      src\interp\nlib.lisp.pamphlet
M      src\interp\sys-pkg.lisp.pamphlet
M      src\interp\construc.lisp.pamphlet
M      src\interp\cfuns.lisp.pamphlet
M      src\interp\i-syscmd.boot.pamphlet
M      src\lib\cfuns-c.c.pamphlet

Could you look especially at the patches to the file
'cfuns-c.c.pamphlet'? In this case had to merge autoconf-
related changes from build-improvements with Mike's changes.
Although I followed the pattern in the existing code, I am
less confident that I used the #ifdef S_ ... #endif
conditons properly.

I think these changes should be attributed to Mike Thomas
in the ChangeLog.

These changes are necessary in order to run Axiom on Windows
so I think they should go into build-improvements at your
convenience. (I am still using autoconf-2.61 so I prefer if
you commit rather than me.) Meanwhile as outlined in the above
email, I will continue to make similar portability changes in
other parts of the Axiom code.