Re: [Axiom-developer] building wh-sandbox on Windows

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] building wh-sandbox on Windows
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 05:06:08 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Page wrote:
> My test build of wh-sandbox (rev. 515) plus the patches for
> Windows just completed normally and runs simple confidence
> tests. with errors on the axiom-developer.org Linux server
> (RedHat 9+).
>
> I have also checked that this patch set is independent of the
> earlier changes for portability and they both can be applied
> simultaneously.
>
> Waldek, I have modified the portability patch set, as you
> suggested in your previous email, to remove the regression
> of the cfuns-c socket code and drop the patch to the obsolete
> 'construc' function. Would you like me to commit either or
> both of these patch sets to wh-sandbox? Note: One of the
> revisions that I pulled from build-improvements triggers the
> requirement for autoconf >= 2.60.

ATM I use autoconf 2.59 and I would prefer to stay with this
version.  AFAICS the problem is that autoconf 2.59 does not
set value of 'top_builddir'.  So the following changes to
variable settings are problematic:

-build_libdir = $(abs_top_builddir)/src/lib
+build_libdir = $(top_builddir)/src/lib

+axiom_top_builddir = $(top_builddir)/build
+axiom_builddir = $(axiom_top_builddir)/$(build)
-axiom_configdir = $(abs_top_builddir)/config
+axiom_configdir = $(top_builddir)/config

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden