Re: [Axiom-developer] noweb tarball

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] noweb tarball
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:21:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> > > ATM axiom_optional_srcdir is not available in configure, so we would
> > > have to set it in configure and propagate to config/var-def.mk
> >
> > If axiom_optional_srcdir has value other than $(abs_top_srcdir)/zips,
> > then I think you must be considering a different variable.
> >

> I am open to suggestions here but I do not understand in which direction
> you are heading.

Ideally, we should remove the zips/ directory.

If you want to add support for out of source infrastructure, I think
the natural way to do that is to use one of the --with-xxxx switch, e.g.

    --with-noweb-srcdir=/path/to/noweb/source

then you can propogate that value from within configure.

I suspect that matches what Bill wants.

I should observe that unless noweb's Makefile is supposed to stay the same
over releases, you may be heading into a quagmire

-- Gaby