[Axiom-developer] gclweb.lisp

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] gclweb.lisp
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:34:35 -0500

Ralf,

Lisp integration is certainly an important subgoal for me, anyway.

Once I have the tangle machinery native to lisp I can make Axiom
do many more things in more natural ways. For example, it becomes
trivial to be able to do
  )compile foo.pamphlet
since I can now extract the code directly.

I can post-process the code (for example, highlight or
hyperlink it) because Axiom knows everything about the symbols.
I can tell if FunctionName is a function, what it is bound to,
what file it lives in, what database attributes it has, what
domain it comes from, etc.

Using latex syntax also means that I can integrate the chunking
into the Axiom )set output latex machinery. Thus Axiom could be
made to read and write pamphlets.