[Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] eval-when and package call syntax

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] eval-when and package call syntax
Date: 19 May 2007 22:38:39 -0500

Boot (old or new) uses the syntax

   (eval-when(load eval) ....)

for translation of variable definitions at file scope.
ANSI Lisp says that the situations 'load' and 'eval' are deprecated,
and one should use :load-toplevel and :execute instead.
So I changed new Boot to use that syntax.

To make the Boot implementation self-contained, I added support for
the syntax `package::name' where the symbol `name' is to be found
(therefore interned) in `package'.  Note that this syntax and
semantics already exist in old Boot.  This is one more place where
Boot syntax differs from Spad syntax.

The new syntax is available at revision 552.

-- Gaby