RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: TeXmacs+Axiom

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: TeXmacs+Axiom
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> One thing that I think would make using Axiom in LaTeX more
> straight forward would be a the kind of LaTeX package that
> was implemented for Sage. This permits one to write:
>
>   \begin{sageblock}
>   sage commands
>   \end{sageblock}
>
> to execute arbitrary commands and \sage{ sage expression }
> to automatically include the results of calculations in
> your LaTeX document.

If people want to pursue this direction, I STRONGLY recommend checking
out EMaxima by Jay Belanger.  It was originally my intent to adapt this
system to Axiom (EAxiom) and Jay did some initial work along those
lines, but the frustration of syntax highlighting problems with
pamphlets and odd Windows quirks resulted in my pursuing other goals
(e.g. cl-web).  EMaxima for Axiom would still be a Very Good Thing,
based on my experiences with EMaxima - Jay has done a magnificent job.

Cheers,
CY

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front