Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: TeXmacs+Axiom

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: TeXmacs+Axiom
Date: 22 May 2007 11:09:00 +0200

Dear Alasdair,

"Alasdair McAndrew" <address@hidden> writes:

> I will give this new tm_axiom a go.  Although, with Martin, I prefer emacs -
> I always have an emacs window running (I use LaTeX with the emacs auctex
> mode for all my document preparation), and my ideal interface for axiom
> would be an emacs mode which produces output as a TeX'ed graphic - such as
> imaxima does for maxima.  I find TeXmacs slow and a bit clumsy.

Oh, I thought you'd prefer TeXmacs for some reason... Well, what concerns emacs
+ axiom, I did not get round to try the axiom mode by Jay Belanger, Cliff Yapp
et al. Unfortunately, I guess that a good emacs mode for .input files would be
the most important thing for axiom *users*.  In particular, it would be good to
have a possibility to send a function definition to a running axiom, via shift
return or something.  But that's probably not so easy.

Cliff, I found the emacs mode documentation very hard to read.  Is there a
small tutorial, and a summary of the available emacs commands?

What concerns programming, since I prefer Aldor to SPAD, I am quite happy with
Ralf's (? I think) aldor.el mode, which comes bundled with ALLPROSE.

For spad.pamphlet (i.e., LaTeX) editing, mmm mode is a wonderful thing.  If you
install ALLPROSE, you'll have all these things automatically set up, I think
that's the easiest way to do it.

Martin