[Axiom-developer] emacs mode

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] emacs mode
Date: 24 May 2007 15:21:08 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately, axiom.el is not usable in XEmacs. Here is a translation of the
> offending key definition. The definitions given below are compatible between
> Emacs and XEmacs.
>
> (define-key axiom-mode-map [(meta up)] 'axiom-previous-input)
> (define-key axiom-mode-map [(meta down)] 'axiom-next-input)
>
> (define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift up)] 'axiom-paint-previous-line)
> (define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift down)] 'axiom-paint-next-line)
> (define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift left)] 'axiom-paint-previous-char)
> (define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift right)] 'axiom-paint-next-char)

OK, thanks a lot.  I'll look into making it usable under xemacs, especially in
the hope of making it more robust.

Cliff, Jay: is the axiom-wait-for-output function and that sort of
communication really needed?  I guess the only functionality it provides is
that input is not accepted during calculations, is that right?

Cliff, if I may ask you a favor, and in case you are going to work on that
project too, could you please concentrate on one (or both) of the following two
desirable features: (just to make sure that we don't waste our time)

* sending input from an input buffer to the axiom process

* displaying the output LaTeXed.

I will, when I work on that, try to implement the following:

+ S-return copying the current line to the end.

+ make colored output persistent, i.e., when you copy it into another buffer,
  it should keep it's color.  At least in gnu emacs that should be doable.

Help for porting the whole thing to xemacs would be highly appreciated.  And of
course, I need input on desirable functionality, key-bindings, etc.

Martin