[Axiom-developer] Re: Which source distributions should we list?

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Which source distributions should we list?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 01:11:51 -0500

Cliff,

> I was under the impression we were going to the following for
> "official" use:

> Silver: GIT/svn
> Gold: CVS

That's not incorrect, just incomplete.  I'm not sure we need to
mention silver outside the mailing list but that's up to you.

> ARCH .... is not undergoing active development any more.

So? It works. It does what we need it to do, which is not much.
I'm not sure what active development has to do with the issue.

If you don't want to use Arch the exact same sources are available
from CVS on savannah and sourceforge.

> I would suggest adding a GIT repository for Gold as well.

I'm not sure that would be useful. Gold is intended to be very
stable. I'm currently the only person who updates it. There
is no need to move it to git as any "new" work would go into
silver first and go thru a testing cycle.

If you really want to use git (which I encourage) and you want a
git copy of Gold there is a git-arch or git-cvs command to clone it.