RE: [Axiom-developer] merge branches/daly to trunk (was: NAG libraries)

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] merge branches/daly to trunk (was: NAG libraries)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:32:33 -0400

On June 4, 2007 11:40 AM C Y wrote:

> --- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Now ... how can we get build-improvements and wh-sandbox
> > back into the trunk? :-)
>
> That relates back to packaging the changes in those trees into
> individual changesets that make conceptual sense, and applying
> them to the GIT silver tree.  I was hoping that would be doable
> as a bi-product of svn->git.

It is easy (in principle) to migrate svn to git via git-svn

http://git-svn.yhbt.net/git-svn.html

or even 'tailor'

http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

These tools will transfer the full history and associated changesets
from one repository into another. I did this once before and that
result might still be somewhere on the axiom-developer.org server.

But how will that help merging build-improvements and wh-sandbox
into trunk?