[Axiom-developer] axiom.el problems

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom.el problems
Date: 05 Jun 2007 11:15:07 +0200

Dear Jay, Cliff, Francois and all emacs experts!

I have the following two annoying problems with my emacs mode (private version
attached).

* after loading axiom.el, I cannot use shell mode anymore.  This is most
  annoying

* if one produces a lot of output, and presses M-p while the output is being
  written to the buffer, everything gets messed up.  In particular, point moves
  to the previous prompt and further output is written *before* that prompt
  instead of afterwards.  I don't understand this behaviour, since I defined

(defun axiom-scroll-previous-input (&optional arg)
  "Fetch the previous input."
  (interactive "p")
  (unless (axiom-output? (point))
    (axiom-previous-prompt)
    (comint-set-process-mark)
    (comint-previous-input arg)
    ;; delete the rest
    (delete-region (point) (axiom-end-of-input))))

  So, before doing anything, I check whether I am in the output region, in
  which case I do nothing.  Can anyone explain that behaviour?

Many thanks,

Martin