Re: [Axiom-developer] Safe version

From: Franz Lehner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Safe version
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:02:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
I am just building safe version.  Testsuite run took 235 minutes
compared to 18 minutues for safety 1 version. While testsuite
probably is different than normal workload, it clearly shows
that runtime speed is even more affected than build time.
So it was not just my feeling ...
So I guess one has to have two versions around, one for working and another for testing. This way I can confirm that the building instructions for aldor are indeed correct, except for a typo

  (cd obj/x86_64-unknown-linux$; ln -s ../../src/interp/ .)
                              ^
and the fact that I did not mention that `document' must be in the path.

Now a question for the gurus:
If I now have two versions of libaxiom.al, one built from wh-sandbox with
safety 1 and another one with safety 3, but otherwise identical, is it
necessary to compile my own packages for each version separately?

Franz