[Axiom-developer] Re: problem compiling wh-sandbox revision 571 on Windo

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: problem compiling wh-sandbox revision 571 on Windows
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:13:41 -0400

On 6/19/07, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
Concerning code in 'daase.lisp.pamphlet':  the 'localdatabase' function
is supposed to read information from files.  More preciely,
'localdatabase' computes list of files and calls 'localnrlib' (or
other functions) to process each of the files.  'localdatabase'
is used in two ways:
1) from ')lib' command, in this mode explicit list of constructors is
   given
2) form make-databases, in this mode the arguments contain list of
   directories containing *.NRLIB subdirectories

Thanks for this explanation.

Since apparently ')lib' command works (however the paths printed
lack drive part, which may be a problem), I would suspect that the
problem is in building list of *.NRLIB subdirectories.  I changed this
part to make it work in sbcl and clisp...

As a sanity check I will first check what '(truename "./")' gives
(we want patchname to the current directory).

Ok, this result looks sane:

(1) -> )lisp (truename "./")

Value = #p"C:/msys/1.0/home/Administrator/wh-test/src/algebra/"

Than I would look what '(directory "*.NRLIB/index.KAF")' in algebra
directory gives
-- it should produce list of pathnames to index.KAF files.
The exact result vary from Lisp to Lisp, but the form above was
the only one which gave what we want in all Lisps...

You may also try '(directory "*.NRLIB\\index.KAF")', to check
for possible bug handling slashes.

All of these functions fail!

(1) -> )lisp (directory "*.NRLIB/index.KAF")

Value = NIL

(1) -> )lisp (directory "*.NRLIB\index.KAF")

Value = NIL
(1) -> )lisp (directory "*.NRLIB\\index.KAF")

Value = NIL

But the following works:

(1) -> )sys ls *.NRLIB/index.KAF
A1AGG-.NRLIB/index.KAF
A1AGG.NRLIB/index.KAF

and this works:

(1) -> )lisp (directory "*.NRLIB")

Value = (#p"A1AGG-.NRLIB" #p"A1AGG.NRLIB" #p"ABELGRP-.NRLIB"
        #p"ABELGRP.NRLIB" #p"ABELMON-.NRLIB" #p"ABELMON.NRLIB"
        #p"ABELSG-.NRLIB" #p"ABELSG.NRLIB" #p"ACF-.NRLIB"

So I guess we can blame some limitation in the wildcard handling in
paths on Windows. Do you think that it is not safe just to use '
(directory "*.NRLIB")' ? I will change 'make-databases' to omit the
'/index.KAF' part and try the build again.

Thanks.