[Axiom-developer] Re: Version numbers

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Version numbers
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 19:52:06 -0400

Ralf Hemmecke writes:

> Bill Page wrote:
> > I guess it's time I planned on creating an 'axiom-0.2' binary install
file...

> I am a bit confused about the version number. NAG released 2.3. Didn't we
> once say that the current gold version is Axiom 3.0? What versioning
> scheme does OpenAxiom now actually have? Does somebody know?
> Where is this written down?

Yes, I think this was tentatively agreed upon and it appears in at
least one "released" version of open source Axiom (maybe the first?),
but it seems that this was promptly forgotten or re-defined by Tim as
he issued subsequent releases. Since defining new releases has so far
only been the job of one person - Tim - then I guess it remains up to
him until/if someone else wants to take on the job.