[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom version numbering

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom version numbering
Date: 25 Jun 2007 19:16:32 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> > Only, the CHANGELOG is not installed.
>
> Eh? <http://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/axiom/trunk/axiom>
> shows CHANGELOG in revision 631 of the trunk. Why is CHANGELOG
> not installed? Can you SVN get the file?

At least wh-sandbox does not install Changelog.wh. I.e., make install does not
copy Changelog.wh into the install destination.  I am not proposing that it
should, rather, I propose that the banner reflects the branch and the revision.

For me, the date when axiom was built is completely useless, but I don't mind
having it in the banner.

Martin