Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.8 and Axiom

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.8 and Axiom
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:12:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Martin Rubey wrote:

| There is another issue I find highly annoying and too difficult to resolve for
| an average linux user:
|
| configure does not complain load enough if certain packages / header files are
| missing.  It is not clear which packages one has to install.

I have hard errors in many places in configure -- for example, there
is no configuration if <unistd.h> is missing.  And the message indicates
that.  Configure stops with hard errors when noweb is not present.  Many there
is not enough.  Please, could you be more specific?  That would
help me in figuring out what to implement as solution.

-- Gaby