[Axiom-developer] Re: defintrf.spad, polycat.spad

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: defintrf.spad, polycat.spad
Date: 06 Jul 2007 23:17:15 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Is there a difference in the code.lsp file produced with 2.6.8 and 2.7.0
> for polycat.spad?

A second thought tells me what you are asking.

At the moment, I do not have a tree built against 2.6.8pre as
available in Silver.  I have a tree built from the latest cvs checkout
of 2.6.8pre, which is quite different than that in Silvers zips.  In
addition, that tree was built in ANSI mode.

In this case, the original and modified spad results in different lisp
code.  Moreover, the differences are not `local' to the function in
question.

I fear the issues are deep and will take a long time to sort out, as
my main development work is getting Axiom to build under GCL with
--enable-ansi.  I have no idea what the generated lisp code looks like
under any other Lisp like SBCL.

I will build Silver tonight and maintain a `canonical tree' for
debugging purposes.

Thanks,
Steve