[Axiom-developer] Democracy!

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Democracy!
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 04:56:51 -0500

Gaby,

> So, is it correct that your answer to "get more inclusive" is
> "I'm stepping away"?

Perhaps I wasn't clear.
I'm stepping away from the lead developer role (ala last November).
I'm not stepping away from the project.

I plan to spend my time making changes I believe are in the long term
interests of the project. Per Martin's vision (as I understand it) I
should be making these changes in my own branch. When I have something
to contribute I post a diff-Naur patch and the patch gets voted on. If
the majority vote yes the measure passes and the patch is accepted.

I'm not sure how Martin plans to garner 49 votes for anything but
that's his problem to solve. I say 49 votes because there are 97
people registered on the mailing list. Every "democratic" process
I'm aware of requires at least a simple majority to "pass". If an
insufficient number of people vote, for whatever reason, the measure
is dropped.

I'm also waiting for Martin to create a branch, merge his algebra,
and post a patch so we can vote on it.