Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: keyword arguments, was: Unions in Spad (Correc

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: keyword arguments, was: Unions in Spad (Correction)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:26:46 -0400

On 14 Jul 2007 08:41:02 +0200, Martin Rubey wrote:
Stephen Wilson writes:

> Perhaps the best solution in this case is as Bill Page suggested,
> implementing keyword arguments in Axiom, allowing us to write [a:1] or
> [b:1] thus enabling unambiguous specification of the branch.

Please (!) do it the aldor way, i.e., use == instead of :.  There is no reason
here to diverge from aldor syntax.

Actually I agree with Martin. *If* we need this, it should be done the
way it is done in Aldor. But note: This is *not* the way I think Union
should be implemented. Union should be the categorical dual of Record,
neither of which need to resort to lower level constructs like
keywords.