[Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion
Date: 21 Jul 2007 15:02:48 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> The alltt environment is a verbatim-like environment except that the
> `\', `{', and `}' have their usual meanings. Thus, other commands and
> environments can appear within an alltt environment.

Right, so if I want to write code which contains a `\', say, and have
latex typeset it properly, I need to write $\backslash$ in my code.
Similarly \{ and \} for { and }.

You will need to standardize on one set of escapes and one alone,
otherwise tangle will have a very tough job of converting the latex
back into the equivalent code.

Having arbitrary latex appear in source code is tough to manage for a
tangle tool regardless, as it needs to decide what pieces to include
and what to ignore.

Steve