Re: [Axiom-developer] MonoidWithZero

From: Franz Lehner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MonoidWithZero
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:41:31 +0200 (CEST)

I think the short answer is "no". But if you do re-write it, I can see
no reason why this should not be written as a normal category
definition and used in MonoidRing instead of the local macro
definition.
well I tried. Are there instructions for the clueless like me?
Simply modifying mring.spad.pamphlet apparently is not enough
(see attached diff).
The category definition is not exported into MRING.spad. Is there some index where it has to appear also in order
to be compiled?

On the other hand perhaps the category "AbelianMonoidRing" in
'src/algebra/polycat.spad.pamphlet' is what you need?
no, my monoids are usually nonabelian, even the commutative ones,
because I prefer "*" notation.

regards,
Franz