[Axiom-developer] Axweb, a literate programming tool

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axweb, a literate programming tool
Date: 28 Jul 2007 03:36:43 -0400

*,

Well, I think the code is ready for a BETA release.

Axweb is a pretty decent replacement for noweb and I believe it has a
lot of potential.  It is written in Common Lisp and can be tightly
integrated with Axiom as a consequence.  I am going to work with it in
the Axisp branch and try to get some interesting things happening with
it.  Initial ideas are to integrate it with an ASDF based build
environment, the SPAD parser I have worked on, and to have pamphlets
call out to the lisp system as they are being processed, among other
things.

I created a minimal sub-page of the Axisp portion of the wiki which
provides some links to the tangled source, the literate pamphlet, and
a pdf version of the woven program.  The pdf would be a good grab to
see the kind of output it produces.  Take a look here:

  http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxWeb

Since I objected to the latex only approach to pamphlets this is my
counter proposal :)

I would very much appreciate any feed back, suggestions, criticisms,
etc.  I would especially like to hear about new directions which the
tool can move towards now that a basic functioning substrate is
available.

Sincerely,
Steve