Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Mac OS X?

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Mac OS X?
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:31:26 -0400

On 8/6/07, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
> There's instructions for building Axiom on Mac OS X at
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/BuildAxiom
>
> Are these instructions current?  I have a student who would like to
> use Axiom on Mac OS X, and would prefer a native version, rather than
> a windows or linux version running in an emulator.

No they are not particularly current (> 1 year). They are waiting for
someone to try this build again and update the instructions. Certainly
you must use either build-improvements or wh-sandbox (has better
support for HyperDoc). Please let us know about any problem you
encounter.

In the near future I will also be testing the build of FriCAS on Mac
OS X as part of the new version of axiom4sage.