Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing package pamphlet, was: Re: Al

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing package pamphlet, was: Re: Algebra and literate documentation
Date: 08 Aug 2007 01:09:38 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | > Please post a working pamphlet file (English is preferred),
> |
> | I definitively do not have time to do that now.
>
> Martin --
>
>    I hope you had good time.

Partially, thanks...

>    I believe an English explanation of what you're doing will be helpful.

explanation of me doing what?

* design decisions => arxiv.org / pamphlet files

* implementation decisions => pamphlet files

* build instructions for gold: hairy, but can be found in the axiom-developer.

> At ISSAC'07, Tim, Bill, Stephen W., Barry and I (and probably others) tried
> to get your algebra compile.

Oops.  Well, from a running axiom system, you should compile things for example
in the following order:

SUPEXPR FAMR2 NEWTON UFPS GOPT GUESSF1 UTSSOL FFFG UFPS1 GOPT0 EXPRSOL FFFGF
RECOP GUESS GUESSINT GUESSP GUESSF

(note that, for example, GUESSINT depends on GUESS, which depends on GOPT0
which depends on GOPT0 and so on)

It should be sufficient to say in a fresh axiom

)co fffg.spad
)co ssolve.spad
)co recop.spad
)co mantepse.spad

in this order.  Unfortunately, it depends on some algebra fixes that were not
applied to Gold.  But as far as I remember, these fixes should not affect the
compilation itself.

Do you recall what went wrong at ISSAC?

Martin