Re: [Axiom-developer] bootstrap Meta/Boot

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] bootstrap Meta/Boot
Date: 10 Aug 2007 14:42:57 -0500

address@hidden writes:

[...]

| The bootstrap-from-Axiom issue is not related to the CCL change.
| Building Axiom from Axiom is ok if you own the whole project.  But
| requiring a running Axiom to build Axiom was not a viable open source
| strategy. I didn't see a way to distribute sources that included
| pre-compiled binaries.

But, you could have built a binary of the open sourced Axiom and put
it there for bootstrapping.  Since most of the stuff were mostly
Linux, you could have done that and the world would have picked up --
as it does today -- and to extend it to other platforms where needed.

[...]

| In any case I've distributed the original sources to the world.

do you still have a link to the original open sourced Axiom from NAG?

-- Gaby