Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc on windows

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc on windows
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:46:03 -0700

root wrote:
> (copied to list)
>
> Actually beyond porting hyperdoc to windows I've been looking at
> wxAxiom (based on wxMaxima) and a browser-based Hyperdoc.
>
> At the moment, due to the great work by Arthur Ralfs, I'm making
> progress on the browser-based version. I now have some of the
> hyperdoc pages converted and am working on using Arthur's code
> to evaluate and return math output directly to the browser.
> Axiom's output in mathML in firefox is very pretty.
>
> Once I get this to work, firefox can be a standard replacement for
> hyperdoc, the pages will be in html, and you can change colors
> to whatever you'd like. In addition, you'll be able to write your
> own pages for class.
>
> It would go a lot faster if I knew javascript.
> I'm a complete novice at coding web pages.
> They aren't pretty but they work.
>
> Tim
>

>> Thank you so much - I'll look into it as soon as I can.  Do you know if
>> anybody is working on a simple shell for Axiom in windows, with colours
>> etc?  Or even something better, such as wxMaxima is for Maxima?
>>
>> cheers,
>> Alasdair
>>
>> On 9/22/07, address@hidden < address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Alasdair,
>>>
>>> http://daly.axiom-developer.org/hyperwin.tgz
>>>
>>> contains a hyperdoc that runs standalone on windows.
>>> It requires Xming. It will not send commands to Axiom
>>> but most of the documentation works standalone anyway.
>>>
>>> Tim

There are some tools you can get to make the browser-side stuff easier.
In the open source realm, there are Quanta+, Bluefish, NVu and Screem. I
think Bluefish is the most popular and NVu is the most WYSIWIG.

There is, if you're willing to pay for it, the Komodo IDE for dynamic
languages. There is a new project starting up called OpenKomodo which is
releasing most of the browser-side technology into the open source
mainstream. In any event, they've heavily exploited Mozilla technology,
and this might be a good thing to hook into. The URL is

http://www.activestate.com/openkomodo/

I have the regular paid Komodo IDE and I love it.