Re: [Axiom-developer] address@hidden: Re: Installing axiom on suse linux

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] address@hidden: Re: Installing axiom on suse linux 10.2]
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:33:41 +0200 (CEST)

> Camm,
>
> GCL seems to have built on Suse 10.2 and the system command works.
> The GCC compiler appears to be in the path. Yet it appears that
> GCL cannot execute it. CC1 seems to be looking in the wrong place
> for the .h files. Do you have any insight into this?
>
> Tim

> >BOOT>(compile 'foo)
> >cc1: error: /root/axiom/mnt/fedora5/bin/../h: Permission denied

I belive this is the same problem as discussed in the thread starting at:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2007-02/msg00186.html

It not easy to decide whom to blame (and which programs should be fixed).
In wh-sandbox I worked around the problem by making sure that for
user compiler::*default-system-p* is set to nil (it _must_ be set
to t during build).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden