[Axiom-developer] Re: new hyperdoc changes -- xhtml jenks book

From: Arthur Ralfs
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: new hyperdoc changes -- xhtml jenks book
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:11:58 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
> Arthur,
>
> I've added the book to the new hyperdoc. I made two minor modifications.
> I changed the default background color to match the default background
> of the rest of the pages. I added name anchor tags for each chapter
> in the book-contents file. Note that there is no chapter 20. The
> diff-Naur patches for these changes are attached.
>
> I need to change bookvol1.pamphlet to xhtml format. Did you use
> Axiom to write out the mathml for each equation?
>
> I'll look at the issue of making the inputs "live" shortly.
>
> Tim

Tim,

The original book.pamphlet chapter 20 lacked any content.
It's supposed to be a listing of operations but there's nothing
there.  Do you know where the missing content is?

For writing out the mathml I wrote a "TeX to mathml" program
in C.  I put that in quotes because it's just supposed to handle
the TeX that Axiom produces between double dollar signs.
It's about 95% finished.  Some things I still had to tweak by
hand or substitute the output from Axiom.  A lot of the math
TeX in the book has been hand altered and is not what
Axiom produces in TeX mode.  The hand altered TeX tends
to cause a lot of trouble.  I can post the C program if you're
interested in it.

I also have a lot of emacs lisp macros for converting the rest
of the book material, which you're also welcome to,  although
they're not written with a view to somebody else using them.

I can try running bookvol1.pamphlet through my emacs macros
and see what happens.  In fact I've had this in mind after
the Jenks-Sutor book but hadn't gotten around to it.

Arthur