[Axiom-developer] David Parnas on Specifications

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] David Parnas on Specifications
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:36:39 -0600

from <http://dlweinreb.wordpress.com>

David Parnas (Univ of Limerick) is cited by Dan Weinreb as advocating

 He advocates much more precise and specific documentation, kept up
 to date, to the oint where if someone asks a question about the
 software, a programmer would go to the documentation rather than
 the code to answer the question. If finally turns out that he wants
 extremely precise specs written in a mathematical notation, ...

Since he's clearly singing my song I wanted to record this comment.
I'd like to see Axiom documented to this level. I think it is vitally
important for the long term survival of the system.