[Axiom-developer] Re: a meta name for axiom, open.axiom, fricas

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: a meta name for axiom, open.axiom, fricas
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 02:09:34 -0500

> Of course not. I'd call them all axiom.

That's fine. Since you seem to be the primary person interested in
maintaining this bogus ambiguity (so you don't have to change
axiom.el???)  there doesn't seem to be a way we can work together on a
converged bug list, converged test suite, or a converged wiki. You're
welcome to use any terms you like to maintain your world view but I
can't seem to communicate with you about defining fundamentally
distinct terms. Quite an odd failing in a mathematician, actually.

So I'll cease my review of the outstanding bug list and wait for you
to submit diff-Naur patches to the various things-you-call-axiom. My
local list is a superset of the "converged list" anyway so there was
only a sense of cooperation to be gained by my efforts. Clearly that
was wasted.