[Axiom-developer] Use ! as factorial

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Use ! as factorial
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:28:30 +0200

On 04/03/2008 02:56 PM, Francois Maltey wrote:
factorial is very common for *my* use of CAS :
50% of numerical analysis, 50% of algebraic transformations.

And all? other Computer Algebra System uses ! for factorial.

I feel that ! is the standard function for factorial.

I remember a first play with axiom for an other teacher.
He wants to see a big number, so he tests 123!. This day he doesn't find axiom as usual as other CAS.

Hmm, does anybody see a reason that ! could not be a special keyword of SPAD/Aldor that behaves as postfix operator similar to the douple dot operator ".." in Aldor?

Ralf