[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [885] trunk/axio

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [885] trunk/axiom
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:26:12 +0200

+echo SYSNAME ---- SYSTEM
+echo =========================================================
+echo redhat72 --- RedHat 7.2 linux
+echo redhat9 ---- RedHat 9 linux
+echo debian ----- Debian linux
+echo opensuse --- OpenSuse linux
+echo ubuntu ----- Ubuntu linux
+echo fedora3 ---- Fedora Core 3 linux
+echo fedora5 ---- Fedora 5 linux
+echo fedora6 ---- Fedora 6 linux
+echo fedora7 ---- Fedora 7 linux
+echo fedora8 ---- Fedora 8 linux
+echo fedora9 ---- Fedora 9 linux
+echo fedora8-64 - Fedora 8 linux on 64 bit platform
+echo fedora64 --- Fedora generic 64 bit build
+echo gentoo ----- Gentoo generic build
+echo linux ------ generic linux
+echo macosxppc -- Mac OSX 10.4 with XCode installed
+echo +echo To use this information to build Axiom, decide which system is
+echo closest to your configuration and look under the SYSNAME column.

Tim, is there really no way to figure out that SYSNAME variable by a script? I have no idea myself, but I still don't think that it is a good idea to put some burden on the user to set any variable.

Anyhow, the readme seems now a bit clearer.

Ralf