Re: [Axiom-developer] 20081202.02.tpd.patch (website download.html add D

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 20081202.02.tpd.patch (website download.html add Doyen Thumbdrive)
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:45:08 -0500

Hi Alfredo:

Thanks for the quick suggestion. I'll try that this weekend when I have more time.

The following report probably is unrelated to Doyen (or Axiom), but more to BIOS and drivers?

One minor "complaint" or rather "bug report": Doyen is not supposed to alter the machine or original OS. However I have found that, on my laptop (Acer Travelmate 7520G running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1), the time of day (or perhaps the time zone, I'm not sure which) is always altered after I shut down Doyen and reboot to Windows Vista. This happens even when I simply do a restart right after booting up. I suspect this is due to Doyen modifying the time or time zone setting, say to manual instead of from internet time, since manual is the setting I got after rebooting to Windows even though I reset it back to internet time. If this is correct, then Doyen might have modified some BIOS setting. Alternative theory: internet is not connected early enough in the boot process and the time zone is not set/reset correctlly (although the choice presented always has, in my case, Eastern US, as the default). I am not certain whether the time during Doyen is correct or not. I think it is.

Also, while Doyen recognizes the wireless hardware (Broadcom BCM 43 family), the driver does not seem to recognize the on/off switch that controls the wireless (kind of like *the switch*, not the hardware itself, is disabled). This is probably again a BIOS and driver problem.

Thanks again for all your hard work on the Doyen project.

William

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:19:34 -0500