Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Debian axiom build failures

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Debian axiom build failures
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:20:26 -0500

Greetings!  I'm using the latest gcl 2.6.8pre on all platforms. Aka
gcl-system via the debian/rules mechanism of long ago.

I've verified that the missing macro file is not relevant, and that
the machine I'm working on (Debian sid ia64) is not in the list of
different gcl versions.

I can als check that the old 2005 package builds if needed, but this
does not appear helpful.

I was hoping you could shed some light on:
   No option begins with (|package| (repsq |repeatedsquaring|)) .

   >> System error:
   The function |boot| is undefined.

This would appear to indicate that some critical compile or load
earlier on had failed.  Does this ring any bell?

I'll try to restart when the machine becomes available again and
review the output more carefully, but nothing jumped out the first
time.

Take care,